ABOUT INVISALIGN TREATMENT
DOES A DOCTOR NEED ANY SPECIAL TRAINING TO TREAT WITH INVISALIGN?
- Yes. Any doctor that treats you must attend a comprehensive training program to become certified in the various requirements necessary for treating patients with Invisalign.
HOW LONG DOES TREATMENT TAKE WITH INVISALIGN?
- As with other orthodontic options, treatment times will vary depending on the complexity of your case. The
average treatment time is about a year.
- We would be glad to take a look at your concern. During this complimentary visit our doctor should be
able to estimate your length of treatment as well as answer any other questions you may have. Since everyone’s case is different it is impossible to give exact answers without being seen in person.
HOW OFTEN MUST I WEAR THE ALIGNERS?
- Aligners should be worn day and night, except when eating, brushing and flossing. They become and every day part of your life.
ARE THERE RESTRICTIONS ON EATING AND DRINKING?
- No. The aligners are removable, so you can still enjoy your favorite food and drinks. After a while you won’t even notice them.
DOES INVISALIGN HURT?
- Unlike many orthodontic options that have sharp edges, Invisalign’s smooth plastic aligners aren’t abrasive to the inside of the mouth the way metal braces are.
- Because aligners move the teeth incrementally over two week periods, any soreness is typically mild and
subsides within a few days. In contrast, other appliances may require more forceful (and painful) changes
because adjustments are only made at each appointment (typically every six weeks).
HAS INVISALIGN BEEN REVIEWED BY THE FDA?
- Yes, the FDA has cleared Invisalign® as a Class II medical device for orthodontic treatment.